August 23, 2014
August 1, 2014
AWESOME! Something unique !
CONVERSATION WITH GOD!!!!
Me- I can’t find free time. Life has become hectic.
GOD : Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you free.
Me :why has life become complicated now?
GOD : Stop analyzing life.. It makes it complicated. Just live it.
Me : Why are we then constantly unhappy?
GOD : Worrying has become your habit. That’s why you are not happy.
Me: why do good people always suffer?
GOD : Diamond cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials, but don’t suffer.
With that experience their life becomes better, not bitter.
Me : You mean to say such experience is useful?
GOD : Yes. In every term, Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.
Me : Because of so many problems, we don’t know where we are heading…
GOD : If you look outside you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides the way.
Me : does failure hurt more than moving in the right direction?
GOD : Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you.
Me : In tough times, how do you stay motivated?
GOD : Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing.
Me : What surprises you about people?
GOD : When they suffer they ask, “why me?” When they prosper, they never ask “Why me?”
Me : How can I get the best out of life?
GOD : Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.
Me : One last question. Sometimes I feel my prayers are not answered.
GOD : There are no unanswered prayers. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Life is a mystery to solve, not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.
Penning down some of the things that you might consider as your best friend to write a post that communicates and narrates rather than just inform. Consider them as your best friends in crafting an effective post to speak what you feel and experience and know.
1) Right from the start of the line. use proper punctuation. Make subject clear to the reader.
2) Use words, reading which one can easily understand what you want to say.
3) Use long sentence in the header, in case you cannot convey in a word or two.
4) Don’t separate yourself from the audience, if you are conveying a lesson you have learnt.
Use the words : ‘Us’, ‘Ours’, ‘We’ than ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘mine’.
5) Remove repetitive lines. This, you will learn to unlearn, when you keep reading. You will soon get to know what words are repetitive.
6) When you are attempting to write a conversation, use punctuation and express the right question. Imagine someone is actually sitting in front of you. How will you talk?
Remember the pause you take, even that pause makes the conversation understandable.
Consider this sample sentence :
1) Are we going to be happy forever after that?
2) Are we going to be happy after that, forever?
See how just a change in position of the last three words and the punctuation, comma makes the difference!
First line is so straightforward.
Make it involving. Like a dialogue. How will you talk in actually, like that! Then it will engage the audience more in your writing. Just like how the conversations run in the mind, just put them like that, word to word.
Now, have a look at this sentence : “No, then there will be another desire..& it will go on…”
This sentence might puzzle someone : What will go on?
So many times, we are clear in our mind, of what we want to say and take it for granted, that people will understand it.
To avoid any questions, write it giving references, deliberately – with purpose.
So a revised sentence could be : “No, then there will be another desire & this cycle of wanting something & desiring for more will go on..”
Involve the audience in your writing.
So, How did the question arise in your head? Say that sincere question!
Avoid “I” whenever you can if you are talking about a lesson. Use We, Us, Lets. This creates a feeling of inclusion, that the lesson and the learning is normal and part of all of us.
Another set of sentences :
1) “May i get that something or not. My happiness is not going to change according to my desires.”
“Whether i get that something or not, my happiness is not going to change according to my desires.”
Take this firm decision.
Observe both sentences, in the first, the point is made but left with a statement. Second one emphasizes the urgency.
So remember, When you make a strong point, emphasize on it.
Here – “Take this firm decision” is an emphasis. You stress on that line again.
Deliver the impact, don’t wait for the audience to get that experience, give that experience.
( Sentence 1 )
“Now you are Happy”
( Sentence 1 – edited )
“That confidence & faith will bring peace in you and eventually make you happy.”
Be clear in giving the experience.
What makes me happy? What would make me happy? It is that feeling of confidence and faith that will make me happy.
So you see, we have got that learning, we have experienced, but we take it for granted and skip it with habit and thus end up not expressing the sentence completely.
( Sentence 2 )
“Now you can take tension free steps to get anything in life (as you are already Happy)”
( Sentence 2 – edited )
“You will feel ready to take steps to achieve anything in life.”
Frame it correctly. Sometimes you may write something and then realize, oh! something is missing.
So re-write it again.
The last word should leave the reader complete, with the experience.
The last word should leave the reader, complete with experience.
But How is that going to happen?
1) Write it from the first thought to the last thought.
2) Use proper pause. Use commas and punctuation and write in full words, avoid shortcuts – short words – SMS/chat language.
3) Write more. Read whenever you can. You will see a lot of how to write in flow in write-ups that engage you more in the write-up :)
Involve the audience, lead them into a conversation. :)
Write first, add punctuations then.
Take a break and read it again. :)
Sometimes we write being emotional or in the feeling of Aho Niranajana – When it clicks and so we miss out on writing the tiny details that make it a experience.
So take a break and re-read it after some time and then again overlook the flow, the punctuation and make the necessary edits :)
and last of all, don’t worry how the audience will take you – they might or might not appreciate you. Just take the lesson of writing and move on.
Improve on writing. Don’t feel down by critics. :)
Even you can be an awesome writer!
At least just this intention and practice is good enough :))
March 16, 2014
1. Today my Long Kriya follow up teacher had a story to tell!
2.With moist eyes, she said i could have almost gone in the morning accident but i am here now!
3 When that accident happened the only thing happened -i was not fearful of death!
4.I was not worried what would happen what about xyz. I was ready to face it.
5.& Only knowledge & Sadhana has brought such inmense strength within.
6.For any reason don’t leave this path, be there. You have no idea of its potential! How it will transform you!
7.Such commitment & determination it can instill that you will be amazed & at a loss of words of gratitude!
8.How much you will get & when, is not a question. The question is of being there!! With commitment & determination!
9. When you need it, you will get it :) The knowledge, the practice will leave you wealthy with a strong mind!
10. You can’t assure that problems won’t come. But you can train your mind to learn to get out of negativity :) a lifelong practice!
11. That fear psychosis & insecurity just dissolves.
Some excerpts of what Rajshree Didi spoke on March 10,2014
1. Like a GPS, it shows u the path.It makes u the path clear.Though there is still traffic jams & all.
2. Likewise when u r clear with ur purpose with why u are doing. When there is clarity,U move on, even though problems exists & things have not changed.
3. Many times you know its wrong yet u do it? How to stop & avert this tendency?
4. You know u like what the small mind does. Because many times your logic works, reasoning wins!
5. & with that attitude u keep moving & at times get lost in that ambition to win your small mind.
6. That is vasana, that binds you back with misery.
7. To overcome Vasana, one out of ten times, you say a no to it. Start with this.
8. You know observe the wall. If there is a crack how will the water flow?
9. It flows thru the cracks & soon there is a continuous flow & water gets directed to it.
10. Same is with the mind. Vasanas are those cracks. If you let them be, it widens & concentrates!
11. You have to fill the crack with cement.& stop the water flow at some point
12.You have to say no to those vasanas that bind you to misery.
13. Through awareness & understanding you can overcome the vasana with Purushartha – SelfEffort!
14. So KarmaYog & BhaktiYog both are there. You have to do & you have to relax
15. You have to sing & you have to surrender.
16. You have to relax & stop running around in the mind!
17. Trust in the innocence ( bhola bhaav) of the present moment..
18. If the creator created all this without any purpose…how will we ..the creation have any purpose!!!!!..
its just his daydream!
19. You want to know the how & the why. You just relax & Be. Be in this moment & Move with the confidence that everything is alright :)
20. Die every moment – that small mind that keeps hankering to misery & bondage ,
to let Life spring up & align itself with a greater cause. To not get stuck up again in misery :)
SOME excerpts from meet with Rajshree Didi , March 11,2014
1. Whenever you meet Guruji, your mind should be stable & clear without any turbulence. It should not be like he is coming & making you calm. You should be ready to learn or experience his presence.
2 . Have at least one “Guru brother, Guru friend,companion” who will be there to keep you on path.
3. Come out of & drop all patterns to be free.
4. Having anything is your choice. Your friends, positions,food.
You choose you reap.
5 . Behind everything there is intelligence working, there is even mismanagement.
6. It’s that intelligence which is carring us n everything . Like wood log in river flow.
Once again remember…
Our consciousness is like water & body is like log..
Its about merging with the big consciousness & getting out of our small minds!
connect to Rajshree Didi’s Facebook updates here :
February 21, 2014
Q : Gurudev, taking out time for Sadhana in everyday life becomes little difficult, whereas I enjoy doing Sadhana.
How to make it an easy habit?
Look, is it difficult to take out time to brush your teeth?
You need to take time out to go to the washroom, isn’t it? You bathe everyday or not? Do you run to the office after getting up from the bed? Without having breakfast, do you go?
There is time to have tea, breakfast, and gossip.
There is time to bathe for an hour, and there is time to stand in front of the mirror and comb your hair. Whoever comes home we have time to talk nonsense with them. And on top of all this, there is time for television.
But for doing Sadhana, after doing which one feels so good, how come there is no time?
I know there is a lot of running around to do in life, and it feels like there is no time, but you have to create a discipline for Sadhana. Make a commitment, ‘If I don’t do Sadhana today, I won’t have breakfast.
I don’t have the right to eat anything until I sit for 15 minutes’.
Only 15 minutes, in the morning after waking up, sit in bed. Loosen your whole body, and realize that God is your own, God is within you.
Just sit there for a few minutes.
I tell you, once in the year 1980, we went to Badrinath and Kedarnath (pilgrim spots in North India). In those days going to Badrinath and Kedarnath was very difficult.
It would take three days from Rishikesh to Badrinath.
We had to stop frequently and couldn’t travel at night. There were two Germans with us who we taught pranayama and meditation. ]
When it was evening, they would ask the driver to stop the car near any pavement.
And there on the road, by the pavement, they would spread their mats and sit in meditation.
I was surprised seeing them. Whatever condition you are in, wherever you are, you should meditate.
During my college days, if I was traveling by train, even I would also do it (my Sadhana) there itself, in the train.
But I was seeing these two Germans, they were so particular about the time. As soon as it was 6 PM they would stop the car, and sit in meditation.
What I mean to say is, we should make it a habit.
Morning or evening, at least one time – when you return home from work, wash your face and sit for 20 minutes. This much time we can definitely take out. Or wake up a little early in the morning.
If you were not able to wake up early and got late one day, then do it after returning home in evening.
When you have decided that without doing sadhana you won’t have food, then this becomes a part of your routine. Then if you miss one or two days, no problem. But don’t make missing it a habit.
There’s a very nice bhajan by Sant Kabirdas.
“Kaam na choda, krodh na choda, satyavachan kyu chod diya, Naam japan kyu chod diya”.
(You didn’t leave lust, you didn’t leave anger, then why did you leave the words of truth? Why did you stop chanting his name?)