Hello dear ones/Citizens/Voters :
Need your ATTENTION PLEASE!!
Voting Registration drive started on 16th September and is about to end on 17th October :
All voting registrations, updations are currently working at polling booths in all areas of constituencies of Mumbai Subarban, Mumbai City and Thane.
Right now : inclusion of new names , deletion of name, change of address work etc are going through the various polling booths.
I) If you have the voting card:
You can Search if your name is included for the 2014 elections on ceo.maharashtra.gov.in : (This is the site of the Chief Election Officer of Maharashtra )
Exact link is “Draft electoral list” : http://188.8.131.52/marathi/FrmMainPage.aspx
1.Id wise if :
If you know your elections card number which is usually like ABC1234567 first three letter alphabet and next numbers.
Search by id wise > Mumbai Subarban/Mumbai City/Thane > your election card number.
2.Namewise if :
If you dont remember your card number.
Better is to find your name with the help of card number imprinted on the card, the search is accurate.
PS : this is the present list of names that have drafted to be included in the final list of people having voting cards registered.
Final list will be prepared on 6th January 2014.
II) OR If You didnt find names through Step I :
If you dont get it on the electoral list and you voted last time, then try searching your name in the polling booths :
This is a list of people differentiated on basis of polling booths-places where you vote.
- 1.Select District : Mumbai Subarban , Mumbai City , Thane.
- 2.Select the respective assembly constituency/Nearest Station to your place ( you can find the list of it here : http://ceo.maharashtra.gov.in/acs.php )
- 3.Find your corresponding polling booth in the Nearest Station
- 4. – click the “open pdf” and check, out what all building or residence area has been covered , check if your residence is included, else start again search of different polling booth close to your place.( PS : for a large area like Government Colony, Bandra there are several booths, go through them to find ur booth )
Check if all information is correct.
III) If you are NOT accessible to internet and voted last time.
Walk to your polling booth you last voted in your current area of residence and check if your name exists.
A) ARE YOU :
- NEW TO VOTE /
- HAVING CHANGE OF ADDRESS /
- WANT TO MAKE CORRECTIONS IN YOUR VOTERS CARD /
- INDIANS STAYING ABROAD /
- DID YOUR NAME GOT DELETED :
– For people who dont have voters card/ or whose name is not existing in present list :
For inclusion of name in Electoral Roll:
~ Fill form 6
– For inclusion of name in Electoral Roll by an overseas elector (NRI’s ) :
~ Fill form 6A
– For address change to a different Assembly constituency ( eg you shifted from Bandra to Mulund ) :
~ Fill form 7 in ur old polling booth place, get the receipt and submit that receipt with form 6 to the designated voter’s helper centers in your area.
– For deletion of name in Electoral Roll :
~ fill form 7
– For correction of Particulars entered in Electoral Roll :
~ fill form 8
– For the Address change in the same Assembly Constituency :
~ fill form 8A
You can download these forms from : http://184.108.40.206/Downloads/Forms.aspx
The easiest way to find where to submit these forms is to ask your neighbouring people who have voters card of the place of polling booths where all these registrations/updations are going on and submit it there.
If you have no clue what is your polling booth to do all the procedure.
Follow these steps :
1. Here’s a list of areas in Mumbai Subarban, Mumbai City or Thane check here :
These are called assembly constituencies. Each assembly constituency has again areas. For eg Bandra East Constituency assembly : Its number is 176 and is technically : Vandre East Assembly Constituency (AC).
Find your closest area and locate your polling booth.
2.To find your polling booth to do all the registration, updation procedure : You may manually check here :
1.Select District : Mumbai Subarban , Mumbai City , Thane.
2.Select the respective assembly constituency ( you can find the list of it here : http://ceo.maharashtra.gov.in/acs.php )
3.Find your corresponding polling booth.
4.Then click the “open pdf” and check, out what all building or residence area has been covered , check if your residence is included, else start again search of different polling booth close to your place.
( PS : for a large area like Government Colony, Bandra there are several booths, go through them to find ur booth )
3.voter’s helper Center (VHC) is the official place of your constituency.
Polling booths just do the voluntarily work of helping you out to register.
If your question doesnt get answered in polling booths, try asking VHc’s in your constituency!
To find the Main VHC in your constituency click here : http://220.127.116.11/Lists/VHCs.aspx
Hope that helps 🙂
Confirm your name in electoral list and Please vote and guide your set of people to go out and register to vote!
Your VOTE counts for a better Mumbai, Better India!
Do this bit 🙂
Thank you!! 🙂